All sneakerheads know that Yeezy 700 v3 are one of the most popular and desired shoes on the market. However, with great style comes great responsibility, and you need to learn how to properly take care of those sneakers. Keep reading this article if you want to learn how to clean Yeezy 700 v3.
To clean your Yeezy 700 v3, start by removing the shoelaces. Now grab a soft-bristled brush and remove surface dirt and debris from the shoes. Prepare a cleaning solution and dip your brush or a clean cloth inside the mixture.
Now clean the Yeezys thoroughly with a wet cloth or brush, and air dry them when you are done. Shoelaces can be cleaned in the same cleaning solution by hand. Be sure to avoid any direct sunlight or heat as those can cause irreversible damage to your sneakers.
If you don’t want to purchase a professional cleaning solution for your sneakers, you can make one yourself by mixing mild soap with warm water.
Learn more about cleaning different sneakers, by checking out our articles on how to clean Yeezy 700 MNVN, and how to clean Yeezy 450.
Why should you clean your Yeezys regularly?
Let’s start this guide by explaining why cleaning your shoes regularly is actually that important. This topic is important to touch on, as neglecting the proper hygiene of your shoes can lead to complex health problems. To make it more comprehensive, here’s a list of possible negative outcomes:
- Feet hygiene. Build up of sweat, dirt, and bacteria can lead to unpleasant odors and an unhealthy environment for your skin. Neglecting the cleanliness of your shoes for a long time can eventually lead to various skin conditions and diseases.
- Appearance. Sneakers that are not cleaned regularly will quickly lose their fresh, and out-of-the-box look. To preserve the quality and appearance of your shoes, it’s important to clean them regularly.
- Lifespan. The lifespan of your shoes is highly dependent on how often you clean them, and how well you take care of them. Cleaning your shoes regularly is vital to remove dirt and bacteria that slowly break down the fabric.
Those are only some of the reasons why you should regularly care for your sneakers. If you are a serious sneakerhead, then you may want to consider buying special cleaning and storage equipment.
How to clean Yeezy 700 v3
Now that you know why you should clean your Yeezys regularly, we can dive deep into the actual cleaning guide. If you don’t have accessories that are recommended in the guide, try to replace them with regular household items.
To clean your Yeezy 700 v3 sneakers thoroughly, follow those steps:
Remove shoelaces from your sneakers.
Start by removing the shoelaces, so they don’t constrain your movements during the cleaning process.
Remove surface dirt with a soft-bristled brush.
Try to get as much dirt and debris as possible before you apply any cleaning solution. This method of cleaning is usually less risky and prevents water damage.
Prepare a cleaning solution.
Fill up a basin or a small container with a cleaning solution to easily apply it to the brush, sponge, or cloth when needed. You can either create a DIY solution by mixing warm water with mild soap or buy a professional one.
Clean your Yeezys with a wet brush.
Now dip a brush, sponge, or a clean cloth in the cleaning solution, and go over the dirtiest areas of your sneakers. Try to avoid using too much water, as soaking the fabric may lead to damage.
Clean the shoelaces.
Clean the shoelaces using the same cleaning solution by hand, or throw them into the washing machine. You can also combine those two methods to restore the original color and fresh look.
The safest option for drying your shoes is air drying, be sure to avoid placing them in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
Cleaning tips for Yeezy 700 v3
Cleaning your Adidas Yeezys regularly may be tiresome, especially if you are doing it for the first time. To make the whole process easier and more enjoyable, here’s a list of tips we highly recommend trying out:
- Use a soft-bristled brush. A soft-bristled brush is a perfect way to get most of the dirt out of your Yeezy 700 v3. It does well while both dry and wet cleaning the shoes and removes even the deeply embedded debris. If you don’t have one, you can use a toothbrush instead, although it won’t be as effective.
- Invest in a sneaker cleaning kit. You may want to consider investing in a sneaker cleaning kit, especially if you own a lot of pairs. This can easily speed up the whole process, and potentially prevent damage from a harmful, homemade cleaning solution.
- Avoid harsh chemicals. If you decide to make a DIY sneaker cleaning solution, be sure to avoid any harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric. It’s best to check the ingredients of detergents you want to use and test them on an inconspicuous area first.
- Store properly. Store your Yeezys in a dry and cool environment, away from direct sunlight or any heat sources. This should be enough to protect your shoes from mold and mildew.
Can you machine wash Yeezy 700 v3?
Machine washing your Yeezy 700 v3 is generally not recommended, however, you can do this to finish off the cleaning process. After tackling the most stubborn stains and dirty areas, throw your Yeezys into a laundry bag, and set the washing cycle for cold water with a slow or no-spin setting.
Are Yeezy 700 V3 easy to clean?
Yes, the Yeezy 700 V3 are easy to clean, mainly thanks to the rubber midsole and small amount of mesh. The whole cleaning process is quick and simple and can be done using a brush, toothbrush, sponge, or a clean cloth.
How to clean the toe box?
To clean the toe box, you can use a magic eraser, mild soap with water, or shout wipes. Those three methods combined should get most of the dirt from the toe box of your sneakers.
In conclusion, proper shoe hygiene is important not only to maintain a nice appearance and prolong the lifespan of your sneakers but also to keep your skin healthy. The Yeezy 700 v3 are no different in this aspect, regular care is necessary.
To clean your Yeezys, start by removing the shoelaces and scrubbing them with a soft-bristled brush. When most of the dirt is gone, you can prepare a cleaning solution using mild soap and warm water, or buy a professional one.
Dip a clean cloth, sponge, or brush inside the mixture and start scrubbing your sneakers once again. When that is done, you can clean the shoelaces using the same cleaning solution. Finally, leave your Yeezys to air dry avoiding any direct heat or sunlight.
Laura Avila, a female writer and cleaning enthusiast, shares her expertise on Cleaningfan.com. With years of experience, Laura provides practical tips to maintain a clean and organized home. Her articles inspire readers to create a comfortable living space.