In this article, we will teach you how to remove the roller brush from the Shark Rocket vacuum.
Vacuum cleaners are becoming more and more popular, due to constant improvements and more affordable prices. The manufacturers continuously enhance the technology, making the cleaning process more convenient and enjoyable.
Right now, those units allow for much more than simple vacuuming – The best all-in-one vacuums can clean upholstery, furniture, or even carpets. Due to this fact, those vacuums are used quite often which leads to the build-up of dirt and debris.
In order to keep the vacuum functioning properly, you have to take basic maintenance steps. One of those is cleaning the roller brush, and we will explain it based on the Shark Rocket vacuum. This will prevent the vacuum from overheating and clogging.
Without further ado, let’s get into the proper part of the article.
How to removing roller brush from Shark rocket vacuum?
In order to remove the roller brush from the Shark Rocket vacuum, you will start by preparing the unit. This step covers things such as unplugging the vacuum, locating the roller brush, finding a rust remover if needed, etc. After that, you can remove the roller brush and clean it thoroughly.
We will cover the whole process below, step-by-step, so you can easily do it yourself. We highly recommend reading the whole article first, before you start unscrewing particular elements. This will ensure, that you won’t skip any important details.
There are some things that you should worry about before you remove the roller brush from the vacuum. You shouldn’t skip any of them, as they make sure, that you stay safe during the whole process. Below, you will see a list of all the preparation steps.
- Turn off the vacuum and unplug it from the outlet. – This is probably the most important thing to remember, as it’s a standard when handling electric devices. Many people got an electric shock because they didn’t unplug the device from an electric outlet.
- Place a plastic bag, an old towel, or anything that can get dirty. – This will be very helpful when handling the roller brush, as it’s full of dust and debris. When you do this on the floor or rug, you will have to spend additional time cleaning the area.
- Wear thin gloves and a mask if you are allergic – This will make the whole process much more bearable, especially if you suffer from a dust allergy.
- Locate the roller brush – Find the part, that you want to remove, in order to check for any rust on the screws and other elements. This will help you decide what else you need to prepare before removing the roller brush.
- Gather the equipment you will need – We usually advise preparing some scissors, a screwdriver, and a brush. Additionally, you may need something, that will take care of the rust – Some kind of rust remover will work great for the screws.
Those are all the things you will want to do before removing the brush roll from the vacuum. Now we will get to the main part, where we explain how to remove the brush roll and clean it thoroughly.
Removing brush roll in Shark Rocket vacuum
Removing brush roll in Shark Rocket vacuum isn’t too easy, as in other Shar’s products. However, it can still be done, allowing for an easy clean-up and better maintenance. In this article, we will focus on standard removal, which will be sufficient for most people.
- Turn the vacuum over, in order to see the bottom of the brush roll. Locate three big, colored tabs and unscrew them going counterclockwise. You will hear a clicking sound when the tabs unlock. (A picture of them can be seen below). If the tabs are covered in rust, you can use a rust remover.
- Now you can take out the cover of the brush roll.
- To clean the brush roll use a knife or a pair of scissors cutting along the white line. This line is a standard in the industry and can be found in the majority of vacuum cleaners.
- Take the hair out and brush all the elements inside.
- The cover of the brush roll can be cleaned under hot water and air-dried.
- Put the cover back into the brush roll.
- Lock the tabs by turning them with a screwdriver.
This is pretty much all you will need to thoroughly clean the brush roll. There are more steps required if you want to completely remove the brush tab from the head of the vacuum, however, it makes the process much more complicated. You will have to deal with wiring and additional screws to get it out completely.
To make the whole process easier, we included some photos below. The first one shows 3 tabs that have to be removed, in order to take out the cover of the brush roll. Another picture presents a white line, that was made for cutting any stuck hair.
Additional maintenance steps
If cleaning the roller brush wasn’t enough for you, there are a few more maintenance steps, that can be quite useful. Those not only prevent permanent damage but also help the vacuum work at an efficient level.
In order to keep your Shark Rocket working properly, you should also:
- Regularly clean all the filters
- Check the hose for any blockage and clean it
- Check the belt
- Regularly empty and clean the dust bin
- Replace the dust bag regularly
Those are only a couple of things in a regular maintenance process. If you want to be sure, that everything works as it should you need to read an official user’s guide. Following steps, the steps included in this document will ensure, that your vacuum has the longest possible lifetime.
Taking the roller brush out of the Shark Rocket vacuum completely is a complicated process – especially for someone who has never dealt with DIY projects. However, there is a way to get access to the brush roll by unscrewing 3 tabs located at the bottom of the vacuum.
By following a few simple steps you can get access to the brush roll, in order to thoroughly clean it and prevent any blockage. We hope, that after reading this article, you won’t have any problems with the roller brush.
Laura Avila, a female writer and cleaning enthusiast, shares her expertise on Cleaningfan.com. With years of experience, Laura provides practical tips to maintain a clean and organized home. Her articles inspire readers to create a comfortable living space.