While Dyson vacuums are well-known for their powerful suction and great cleaning performance, they also come with a lot of attachments. (BTW: Click here to see more about two most popular Dyson options – Dyson v6 vs Dyson v7). There is a lot to choose from including crevice tools, brushes, extension wands, and more. That being said, storing them may not be an easy task.
This is why in this article you will learn everything about storing your Dyson attachments. Understand why and how you need to store your attachments to keep them in top-notch condition, choose the perfect spot, and follow our step-by-step guide.
To properly store your Dyson attachment, start by thoroughly cleaning and drying it. When all the dirt and debris are removed, dry the attachment with a cloth or by air-drying it. Choose a location that’s both convenient, dry, and dust-free. Placing your attachments in direct sunlight is also not recommended.
Consider using an organizer, holster, and protective cover to further protect your Dyson attachments.
Why Should You Store Your Dyson Attachments?
Before we explain how to store your Dyson attachments, it’s vital to address why you should store them in the first place.
By storing your attachments regularly, after every cleaning, you can avoid misplacing and damaging them by accident. What’s more, proper storage can prevent your attachments from accumulating dirt and debris that can eventually clog your tools.
Damaged attachments can, unfortunately, bring undesirable expenses. Dyson brand is one of the most expensive in the house appliances industry, to learn more on reasons why, we highly recommend reading our article on this topic – Why are Dyson vacuums so expensive?
Misplacing your Dyson’s attachments can lead to damage, including worse maneuverability, ball not rolling, belt damage, and more.
For many people, it’s troublesome to keep your attachments in one place, as many of them are bulky enough to not fit within the same place as your vacuum cleaner. This is why we highly recommend storing them separately from the vacuum, in the desired, and thought-out spot.
How To Store Dyson Attachments [Step-by-Step]
Now that you know why storing your Dyson attachments is vital in maintaining their good condition, we can get into the step-by-step guide. Be sure to follow the instructions below after every cleaning session to make the method effective.
How to store your Dyson attachments:
- Clean and dry your attachments. Start by thoroughly cleaning your attachments of any dirt and debris that may be present on them. Wipe any excess water with a cloth and leave them to air dry.
- Consider using an organizer. Buying an organizer or making one yourself can greatly improve the comfort and space efficiency of your storage. Many users on Reddit, when asked about storing their attachments, have claimed it’s the best possible option.
- Choose a desired location. Storing your attachments can be both very convenient and a nightmare, depending on the place you choose. A spot that is hard to access can make cleaning a drag, and eventually lead you to avoid it altogether.
- Use protective bags or covering. Using bags that are designed to withstand a test of time can be helpful to prolong the lifespan of your attachments.
- Check for wear and tear. Checking for any damage can help you prevent further destruction of cleaning attachments. Be sure to not use your attachments until they are repaired and functioning 100% as intended.
- Make storing your attachment a routine. Be sure to store your attachments after every cleaning to make a routine out of them, and ensure they are easily accessible and in good condition.
A proper storage routine should be enough to keep your attachments working well when you need them. It also allows you to easily start cleaning without the hassle of finding the right attachment for the job. That being said, there are a couple more tips that you can take into account when storing your attachments.
A few more tips to make storing your Dyson attachments easier:
- Always wipe down your attachments before storing them
- Avoid bending or damaging the attachments
- Choose always both convenient and dry, dust-free storage space
- Get a dedicated attachment holder and protective cover if that’s possible
- Avoid storing them in direct sunlight
- Follow Dyson’s instructions for storage
- Label your attachments
Where Should You Store Dyson Attachments?
Choosing a convenient location to store your Dyson attachments is a very important step in the process. If your attachments won’t be easily accessible, you may find yourself avoiding cleaning altogether. We highly recommend focusing on picking the right spot.
Things to consider when choosing a place to store your Dyson attachments:
- Frequency of cleaning. Depending on how often you clean and use your attachments, you may find a different place desirable.
- Available storage space. You may find yourself lacking enough storage to comfortably store all of your attachments. If the place you choose is cluttered with other items, you may struggle to get the right tool from there.
- Seasonal Cleaning Needs. When it’s time for spring cleaning, you may want to change the storage place for your attachments. Keep them easily accessible until the whole house is thoroughly refreshed.
Creating an organized space
Making an organizer or a holster can turn out to be very beneficial in terms of storing your attachments. Many users on Reddit have confirmed that this is their preferred way of storing attachments for their Dyson vacuum cleaner. That being said, doing that is not necessary to create a convenient storage space.
Some people find pegboards to be a great solution if they would like to keep their Dyson attachments easily accessible. In my experience, this method of organizing attachments helps me get going when I’m on a tight schedule. However, it is also highly visible, and depending on whether you value aesthetics, it could be a problem.
If DIY is not your thing, then investing in plastic or wooden boxes may fit well within your budget. Simply order the right size and label them using colored notes.
Alternatively, you can also use drawer organizers to keep things simple, and out of view. If you struggle to sort items in your drawers, you can also try to use separators inside them.
In conclusion, proper storage of Dyson attachments is necessary in maintaining their performance and expanding their lifespan. To store your vacuum tools correctly, be sure to first clean them out of any dirt and debris, wipe off the excess water, and air dry them. Try to choose a location that’s both convenient and dust-free for storing them, and place attachments out of direct sunlight.
You may also want to consider using an organizer, holster, and bag cover to even further protect your attachments from getting damaged or lost.
Laura Avila, a female writer and cleaning enthusiast, shares her expertise on Cleaningfan.com. With years of experience, Laura provides practical tips to maintain a clean and organized home. Her articles inspire readers to create a comfortable living space.